At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for an experienced Breakfast Cook / Evening Cook / Chef for the Hampton by Hilton Manchester Northern Quarter - a 3-star focused service 221-bedroom hotel which opened November 2020. Reporting to the Kitchen Supervisor you will liaise regularly with the duty manager and hotel team.
As Breakfast Cook / Evening Cook / Chef, you are responsible to maintain and provide an excellent food and beverage offering to our guests, delivered in a consistent manner by the team to the Hampton by Hilton brand standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all kitchen operations - breakfast, lunch and evening menu's
- To ensure that all production areas comply with the required, hygiene, sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Manage the consistent prep, cooking, delivery and presentation of all menu items
- To achieve the required product quality and presentation standards for all food served in the hotel
- Freezer/fridge management - ensuring all food items are stocked to agreed par levels
- Place and monitor food orders/deliveries and assist with food preparation
- Clear/clean tables and kitchen
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
- Report anything considered a health and safety hazard
- Be flexible at all times in order to cover the unexpected needs of the F&B operation
- Responsible for looking after Hotel property at all times - reporting immediately any malfunctions and preventing abuse and/or destruction of hotel equipment
- To attend all relevant training as and when required
- Ensure correct stock rotation on all sections, fridges, freezers & dry stores
The Ideal candidate will have previous Cook or Chef experience and for a candidate to hold an NVQ level II and valid Food Hygiene certificate, but this is not essential, along with knowledge of allergies and special diets you will also have further training. You will also be required to conduct monthly stocktakes and order food produce weekly.
***** Full time, Part-time or casual available *****
Full-time - 40 hours per week - including weekends:
- Early 06:00 - 14:30
- Late Shift 14:00 - 22:30
Part-time - 16 - 30 hours per week - including weekends:
- 06:00 - 12:00
- 16:00 - 22:00
The role will be combination of early (covering breakfast) and late shifts (covering dinner) for full or part-time roles.
Where Will You Be Working?
You will be working at the Hampton by Hilton Manchester Norther Quarter. This exciting new hotel boasts 221 guest bedrooms and will benefits from close proximity to bars, restaurants and cultural attractions.
Part of the Hilton family of brands, this exciting role provides an excellent opportunity for a Breakfast Cook / Evening Cook / Chef to be part of an iconic branded hotel in a competitive market place.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because
- We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
- Our people are truly engaged at work
- There's open, clear communication from the top
- We've got great career development opportunities
- There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
- Everyday discounts from high street retailers
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
- Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
- Incentive programmes
- Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
- Free meals on duty
- Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!