A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A BREAKFAST CHEF @ HOTEL INDIGO CARDIFF
We look for people who are going to inspire our guests. The kind who know what's happening in the neighbourhood and love to share. Warm, friendly, and above all, inclusive, Hotel Indigo staff are invited to bring their curiosity, creativity and ambitions to make their mark.
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Head Chef, you can expect your working day to include the following duties.
- Take control of the breakfast service in our beautiful 6th floor rooftop restaurant and ensure guests receive a truly delicious and memorable breakfast
- Setting up and cleaning down the kitchen after breakfast
- Assisting with Lunch service when required
- Ensure the kitchen is always kept clean and hygienic and all stocks are kept under optimum conditions
- Hours of work are normally 5.30 till 11.30 or 6.00 till 12.00
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
To succeed in the role of Breakfast Chef you will need the following qualities and skills.
- The ability to manage various sections of the kitchen
- To be flexible in your approach, and able to assist any other members of the kitchen brigade when required
- A team player who thrives in the hustle and bustle of a busy kitchen department
- Someone who is passionate about food and willing to learn & teach
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Passion for cooking
- Someone looking to develop their Chef skills and wanting to progress
- Drive innovation in the kitchen by introducing new cooking techniques, concepts, and seasonal dishes to keep the menu fresh and exciting.