Jurys Inn, we are recruiting for a Breakfast Chef role to join our great team in The Kitchen. We are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine and friendly person who really enjoys working in hotels and wants to provide great hospitality to our guests, contributing to them having a Happy stay with us.
As a Breakfast Chef
We want you to be part of a great and diverse team working together to provide great hospitality and products to our guests in the Kitchen. We set high standards for ourselves so that we can surprise and delight our customers and deliver a great experience.
What we want you to -
- Be Flexible - to enjoy working different shift patterns and seeing the operation on different days of the week including the weekends, we don't operate split shifts.
- Be standards and detail driven to meet the menu specifications
- Be aware of hygiene and cleanliness standards and assist in meeting these.
- Be a team player- interact and communicate with the kitchen and restaurant team and sometimes guests if you are front of house.
The job -
- To contribute to the best of your ability to the production of food items.
- To ensure all dishes are prepared in a timely fashion and to the appropriate agreed standard.
- To be familiar with the menu of the day and know your responsibilities in accordance with the menu.
- To ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- To ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
- To avoid unnecessary wastage by observing proper control methods
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order and report any maintenance issues
- To participate in training and want to be the best you can be in your role- there is a huge amount of training available to you if you want to build a career.
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support