As a Bartender, you will contribute to achieving profitability and quality goals. This role is focused on, but not limited to, the hotel bar where you will be responsible for the setup, service and the closedown of the bar department. You will also be responsible for the service of both food and drinks to guests.
This is a cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 3 London properties.
You will be multiskilled across the Food & Beverage department and closely work with the Food and Beverage Assistants in making sure there is a smooth delivery of service to all guests, following Apex standards. You will have a passion for drinks, and enjoy creating unique, storytelling cocktails which create memories guests will want to share.
- Obtain opening duties from manager on duty.
- Responsible for banking their tills and daily small cash change.
- Take beverage orders.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Apex drink recipes.
- Prepare coffee if need be to our guests and table service.
- Set bar according to Apex standards.
- Record drink orders promptly and accurately after receipt.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, take cash payments, and close bills to room charge.
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks for bar patrons.
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink
- Prepare and promote beverages.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Present drink menus make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to your manager.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by your manager or immediate supervisor.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
The following range of characteristics and competencies are required:
- Experience of working in a customer facing role or similar
- Competent in preparing all listed drinks - soft, alcoholic, cocktails, hot.
- Can demonstrate ability to up-sell products
- Can deal with face-to-face customer complaints in a calm and positive manner.
Desirable skills and competencies
- A current Food Hygiene Certificate.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!