Job description The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges
The Kenmore Hotel, nestled in a Perthshire glen at the end of Loch Tay and on the banks of the River Tay, is Scotland’s Oldest Inn.
The hotel is oozing with character and even has an original poem above the fireplace scribed by the baird himself, Robbie Burns.
Having undergone a recent refurbishment throughout the hotel we are looking for enthusiastic and hardworking F&B servers to join our team this coming season. We are service and food-obsessed, look for individuals who are as passionate as we are about serving local and seasonal plates swiftly, efficiently and with a smile. Within the hotel we offer breakfast, lunch and dinner and serve in our fine-dining restaurant as well 3 more casual-dining bars.
What you will do
- You'll chat with our guests, through these conversations you'll tell your story and the story of Kenmore. You'll find out more about your guests, forming relationships and building a picture that allows you to deliver exceptional hospitality and perfect service.
- Using what you know of our Food & Drinks and your guests expectations you'll make recommendations, take orders, delivering them accurately and efficiently
- First impression count, you'll ensure both you and your work space are presented to the highest standard at all times.
- Ultimately you will be an ambassador for The Kenmore Hotel, your guests will love you, they'll leave knowing a little about you and a lot about Kenmore. They'll leave planning their next visit as a result of your wonderful hospitality and service.
What we are looking for
- A fantastic attitude, if you don't have any experience and can display an eagerness to provide great service, a willingness to listen, learn and work hard then we'll give you the opportunity to shine.
- Experienced bar and waiting staff will enjoy the opportunity to shine from day one, at The Kenmore Hotel you'll have a voice on how we deliver memorable experiences to our guests and colleagues.
Why choose The Kenmore Hotel?
- Our business is growing fast and we want people to grow with us. This is a really exciting time for Scottish Tourism and The Kenmore Hotel.
- Those pursuing a career in Food and Beverage or Hotel Management will be given the opportunity to learn all aspects of the senior roles in their own and other departments. We are committed to providing these opportunities.
- Our idyllic location provides plenty to do in your free time, with Loch Tay a few meters from the hotel paddle boarding, kayaking, wild swimming, hill walking could be your new hobbies.
- Competitive rates of pay, staff food, discounted dining in the hotel.
- Staff accommodation if required
- 28 days holiday pro rata includes time off in lieu for public holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme - employer and employee
WHY CHOOSE KENMORE HOTEL
There never been better time to choose a career at The Kenmore Hotel. It is our vision to be a renowned local employer. We say “hospitality is for everyone” our guests and colleagues enjoy the same levels of hospitality and service. We promise that if you work hard with passion, and diligence you’ll be respected, valued and your hard work recognized.
Our staff club overlooking the River Tay is the latest addition to the staff facilities at The Kenmore Hotel, with full sized snooker table, games, log burner, stocked fridges this is where our staff come together to break bread and unwind after a good days work
You are what you eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks when on duty.
Uniform, not only do we provide it, we also launder it.
Location, location location, wild swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, fishing, hill walking in stunning Perthshire countryside are just some of the activities on your doorstep.
A team that plays together stay together, at least three times a year we come together as a team and have some serious fun
Development, we are an open book, if you what to learn sales, finance, marketing, reception, wine, whisky, cooking during your time at The Kenmore Hotel we’ll support you.
Loch side accommodation. Halfway through an extensive refurbishment we have staff accommodation available on the banks of Loch Tay. The public areas are serviced by the hotels housekeeping team with fresh linen and laundry provided weekly.
Show me the money, we pay above the market rate for each position, hard working, passionate and dedicated people are well rewarded at The Kenmore Hotel. We are very busy across all departments, there will always be plenty of hours available to those who want them.
Recognised and rewarded, those that stand out and genuinely go above and beyond when delivering exceptional hospitality and perfect service will be rewarded and recognized through our employees of the month program.
We thank you for your loyalty, every twelve months of your employment at The Kenmore Hotel you’ll receive a £250 loyalty bonus to spent on any hospitality experience, anywhere in the world you choose