A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Bar Manager at our 4 star Hotel in Dunkeld.
In addition to offering a salary of £26,500 per annum, we provide a fantastic employee benefits package which includes free use of leisure facilities, recommend a friend scheme, free meals when on duty, friends & family discounts on accommodation and food/refreshments at the hotel. We can also provide live in accommodation for candidates applying from out of the local area. We are proud to announce that we do have an A star sponsor licence and welcome applicants from, both, inside and outside the UK.
Dunkeld House Hotel boasts an unrivalled experience of Scottish country living. Our four-star luxury hotel sits on 280 acres of well-maintained and natural woodland and overlooks the wide and fast-flowing River Tay. We have 98 bedrooms, gym, spa facilities and pool and a selection of conference and event facilities to accommodate weddings, private functions and business services.
- Management of the Bar team, ensuring the smooth running of all breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner operations
- To ensure that guests receive an efficient, friendly, consistent and personalised service from yourself and all members of the team
- Managing and developing a team of 10+ through training, guidance and communication
- Working closely with the restaurant & conference and events team to ensure the success of any functions including weddings
- Administration of team matters such as absence management, appraisals, annual leave requests, disciplinary, grievance and performance management
- Management of all statutory and company regulations relating to health & safety, hygiene, fire and emergency procedures
- To ensure that bar security is maintained at all times
- To work with the HR department to ensure the management of the team recruitment process
- Analyse key areas of improvement by utilising KPI’s and other performance/financial targets
- Experience working in a similar role would be beneficial but we will consider applications from outstanding assistants looking for their first head of department role
- Experience working with large volumes in a four star hotel environment is essential
- No formal qualifications necessary, but some form of hospitality training such as SVQ, NVQ would be beneficial
- Strong customer service and time management skills, an attention to detail and good communication skills are vital
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a natural engaging leader
- Must be smart and well presented