Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels UK are looking for an enthusiastic, genuine, and friendly person who wants to contribute to our guests having a Happy stay with us.
We have an opportunity for you to join the Team as an AV Support Technician
We want you to be part of a great diverse team working together to ensure our guests have a great experience and stay.
To provide AV and technical support where required to all clients facilitating the hotel.
What you can expect:
- To service all AV requirements as requested by clients through the hotel events team
- To offer technical support to the venue's AV Manager and Events team.
- Ensuring that all kit is set up neatly and to a high standard.
- Assist with support for multi-media broadcasting
- Quick response to emergency/ad-hoc requests
- Assist where possible with IT related enquiries during supports. Escalate issues if required.
- To keep an on-going stock check of equipment stored on site.
- To work with the hotel's operation staff to ensure each room has correctly set up AV equipment.
- To operate events as and when needed
What we expect from you:
- To be hard working and enthusiastic
- To have hands on knowledge of technical equipment: (this can be with computers and we will train you to mix a sound desk)
- Knowledge and experience of the hotel conference industry (this is not essential however would be benefifical)
- Customer service skills
- To be a good team player
- To have good attention to detail and take pride in your own work
- Good communication & time management skills
- Be Computer Literate - Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel / Word / Outlook and Powerpoint
Why come and work for us - to receive practical training, development and progression within a dynamic and rapidly expanding company. If you want a career in Hospitality then look no further, we have great programs to support your development towards a long and successful career.
Some of the great benefits of working for us include:
- Varied and interesting work- no day is the same at Jurys Inn & Leonardo Hotels UK
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Having the chance to work with and around friendly people - we have a great culture with employee satisfaction at 82% (2017 result)
- Birthday cards every year- we celebrate everything
- The opportunity to work for a well respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scene, we can help you to move and provide relocation support
- A smart Uniform
- Meals on duty
- Monthly engagement activities- we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- So many training courses that your brain may not be able to squeeze them all in
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for the month.
- Happy Rewards - earn points and claim them back on gifts that you want
- Stay at one of our hotels for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too.
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days