Why Join Apex Hotels ?
You will receive a warm welcome into the Apex family on joining us as a Assistant Night Manager in Edinburgh. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It is these values that support you to be yourself here at Apex Hotels. By bringing your own personality, passion, and ideas to the role, you will add a new dynamic to our innovative and supportive Guest Services Team. We believe it is our personality, style and friendliness that makes Apex Hotels.
Apex Hotels are looking for an Assistant Night Manager to join the Front Office Team. Reporting to the Night Manager, you will be responsible for the running of the property during the night. You will have a passion for delivering excellent customer service, show initiative and be a strong team player. Communication skills and staff management are key attributes. You will have a good knowledge of health and safety and security procedures.
As Assistant Night Manager you will be responsible for delivering an excellent experience to all guests whilst ensuring that our guests are safe and secure throughout their stay.
- Be present in lobby and reception during peak times and support your team
- Lead reception team to deliver exceptional arrival and departure experience, complete regular quality checks
- Monitor and maintain safe and secure working environment for all hotel colleagues and guests, resolve and report any issues
- Act on all guest feedback, positive and negative. Respond to Guest reviews and update guest profiles accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with all Apex financial, privacy, data security and H&S procedures
- Walk about of the property and picking up on details which require attention as well as Health & Safety matters which need action.
- Ensure all procedures are followed and all night jobs are complete.
- Producing any nightly reports.
We love to welcome people with different experiences and from different places into our Apex family. We want to ensure you get the best experience from the role you begin your journey with us in. To excel within this role, you will have:
- Can deliver excellent standards
- Uses initiative
- Is self-aware and able to evaluate their own work
- Has a customer service attitude
- Has the ability to multi-task and provides excellent attention to detail
- Holds a genuine desire to provide a Warmer Welcome to our guests
- Previous experience of working within a Front Office/Nights environment at a Supervisory level is essential.
You will work with great people, enjoy your time at work, develop new friendships, networks, and skills, and of course you will also receive a competitive rate of pay and a generous range of employee benefits which includes:
- 29 days holiday
- Access to an external Employee Assistance Programme
- Inhouse company interactive employee communication APP
- Entry to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- Training and development from day one
- £200 referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
And once you smash your probation, you'll also receive
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical Illness & Death in Service cover
- Employee of the quarter and annual recognition schemes
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Annual anniversary Complimentary guest experience overnight stay and dinner for two
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted room rates
- Spa discount
We encourage you to bring your true self to work. We'll provide great training and development opportunities, allowing you to flourish in a fulfilling career, reaching your dreams and aspirations. Our family can never be too big, there's a place here for you. We have one ask - that you bring your personality, ideas, and spark. We're an innovative, thriving business and we want you to be part of our exciting journey.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!