Assistant Manager at The Sage of Cambridge, Cambridge
Those who can imagine anything, can create the impossible. - Alan Turing
The Sage of Cambridge
At The Sage of Cambridge we are passionate about uplifting your day with great coffee, fresh and hearty dishes, inspired but not limited to the plant-based experiments. We encourage our guests and neighbours to make wiser inspiring lifestyle choices in a relaxed environment, perfect for working or catching up with friends.
The Sage of Cambridge transforms into a vibrant wine and aperitifs bar after 5PM. It becomes the perfect place for after-work drinks for guests and neighbours and celebrates local talent through its array of events and workshops.
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our team culture to be as devoted and person-centred as you. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer.
You are a leader in our industry and in our community. This role really has the potential for you to develop an award-winning cafe.
You will be creating services and experiences to develop the Sage of Cambridge and participate in making it a landmark in Cambridge hospitality. You will be an approachable, active, hands-on and engaging leader that strives for continuous improvement. You will engender a sense of belonging in both your team and our guests and you will inspire and train your team to be a part of our culture and be as devoted and people centred as you are. You will be the face of The Sage of Cambridge and be involved in the development of the commercial strategy of the outlet within the community.
You are ideally a passionate barista and has some knowledge about wine, and are willing to learn and continuously develop yourself.
As an Assistant Manager, you will lead the service in the Sage of Cambridge to create memorable experiences for guests. You will be mainly operational and lead the service from the floor. You will ensure quality of service and team retention and satisfaction. You will report into the Restaurant and Bar Manager and work closely together to develop a strong sense of belonging within your team and guests alike.
You will be part of the leadership team within the Food & Beverage department and will be involved in any relevant decision relevant to your position.
As an Assistant Manager for The Sage of Cambridge, you will:
- Coordinate and lead from the floor the daily operations of The Sage of Cambridge, to ensure we deliver the best service and exceed both our guests and owners' expectations.
- Keep track of guests' satisfaction and act if required
- Resolve problems that guests may have on a daily basis and look for trends to eliminate such issues in the long run.
- Maintain communication with all outlets to ensure customer service needs are met.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day operations of your outlet in collaboration with the Restaurant and Bar Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Oversee the regular changes of menus, SOPs and concept development in the Sage of Cambridge, in collaboration with your line manager.
- Monitor both the productivity and qualitative work product for your team and provide them with on-the-job training as required.
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures within own area.
- Participate in the recruitment of your team and ensure their morale is kept high.
- Organise and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff and relevant to your position.
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all the outlets' menus and service standards as well as hotel facilities and current offerings.
- Ensure staffing levels appropriate cover business demands, alongside the Restaurant and Bar Manager.
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor in a hotel environment, preferably in Food & Beverage
- Experience working within a hotel breakfast team
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skills
We believe in being our best and true selves every single day and delivering the most refined experiences possible. We believe in always having good manners and being polite. We never let our high standards slip, have impeccable taste and an eye for detail. We have a deep love and respect for all cultures and cultural pursuits.
We are wholly committed to creating perfect experiences for our guests and teams alike. We are trustworthy and fiercely loyal. Everything we do is fuelled by passion. Passion for excellence. Passion for making the world a better and more interesting place. Passion for sharing wisdom. Passion for supporting each other to be the best we can be.
We believe in understanding and engaging with everyone on a human level. We recognise that everyone deserves to be appreciated for the genuine person they are with unique needs, desires, tastes, and preferences.
Benefits of working at The Fellows House:
- Comprehensive salary package
- Access to GO Hilton Travel Programme - stay in Hilton Hotels around the world for as little as 35$.
- 50% F&B Discount when staying in Hilton Hotels through the Go Hilton Travel Programme
- Staff meals and hot drinks on shift
- Career Development
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package. If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.