Who we are:
We love what we do and what we do is important! We believe that everyone should leave feeling better – this means not just our guests, but also our teammates. Everyone should go home feeling better because they learned something new or had fun working that day.
Why work with Virgin Hotels:
Because it is fun, of course! But we appreciate that fun isn’t always enough – what else is in it for you?
- A day off for your birthday
- Paid leave to volunteer to spend time with the causes closest to your heart, for every teammate
- Generous family friendly policies and allowances
- Teammate discount at Virgin Hotels and 20 other Virgin brands!
- Training and development including apprenticeships
- Teammate meals provided
- 4 x your salary life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program and Company sick pay
Should you decide to accept it…
You don’t need to have x-ray vision or know how to fly, but you do need superhuman people skills in order to be successful in this role.
Virgin businesses, starting with our illustrious founder, Sir Richard, are a roll up your sleeves kind of place. At Virgin Hotels, we are focused on the teammate experience, whether that is ensuring we have the best talent, focusing on training or just sharing the love at a team event. Above all else, the Assistant Front Office Manager will be a culture carrier, working daily to ensure all Virgin Hotel teammates have a great experience at work every single day. At Virgin Hotels, nothing is ever "usual" so not only do you have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done, but you have to be willing to have fun doing it. We want the Virgin Hotels to be considered one of the best places to work in the hospitality industry and we need a Assistant Front Office Manager who can help us get there.
We want someone who thinks outside the box. Our Belief Statement starts with “We love what we do and what we do is important.” Every single teammate in our hotel is valued and we expect our guests to feel the same way. This isn’t a walk in the park, but if you are passionate about people, share our quirky sense of humor, and are able to see beyond the traditional scope of checking in and out, then this just might be the right role for you. We aim to deliver outstanding guest service to our guests and the team by offering timely, efficient, knowledgeable, warm and truly remarkable service. We achieve that magical environment by assisting our guests with their check-in & check-out process while engaging them with our personalized service. Enthusiastically using our talents to sell our experience to our guests. Greeting each and every guest with an authentic and warm approach. Ensuring you are fully informed of hotel & city events to be a source of information for our guests. Using tact and creativity to handle each guest concern to make sure everyone leaves our hotel feeling better.
As an Assistant Front Office Manager, you will also be required to lead a team, communicate, coordinate and work well with other teammates, managers and guests. Most of all, we want you to have FUN since you will play a huge role in creating that memorable guest experience!
What exactly you will be doing as an Assistant Front Office Manager…
In helping you understand your role in working for a world class organization, the following is a list of your essential job responsibilities. Please keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive and that you may be asked to perform other job tasks by your supervisors/managers not listed below in the constant quest to provide “out of this world” customer service experience for our guests:
- Learn and retain complete knowledge of front office procedures and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Be the champion of maintaining the Virgin “Tone of Voice,” culture & level of standards. Teach the Front office team to also embody the TOV in all guest interactions.
- Cultivate a team of personable, genuine and sharp individuals to make up the Front office department. Hold members accountable to operating standards and the Virgin culture.
- Head of Training for the Front Office team. Create weekly training topics and review with staff.
- Ensure staff has complete knowledge of the following at all times:
- Hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments & location.
- All room rates, special packages and promotions.
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- Room availability status for any given day.
- Scheduled daily group activities.
- Use excellent communication skills with guests and staff including verbal, written and body language.
- Learn and teach knowledge of all front office technical systems (HMS, Guestware, Rapid Response, GoConcierge, etc).
- Assist Rooms team by providing support in the various positions: GSA, Greeter, Bellman, Doorman, Concierge, YES! Agent and Reservations Agent.
- Process guest accounts by presenting folios to guests when requested, resolving any disputed charges & settling accounts by following accounting procedures.
- Ensure staff adhere to the following cashiering procedures:
- Process allowances
- Make change for guests
- Post charges
- Settle Room accounts
- Run closing reports
- Count bank at end of shift
- Complete designated cashier reports
- Drop Receipts
- Secure Bank
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and organized work environment. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
- Maintain time edits for Front office team and coordinate PTO requests with payroll processing.
- Manage The Know program to ensure guest profile information is relevant and it is being utilized to dazzle our guests during their stay.
- Ensure all guest questions & requests are completed & followed up on while executing fabulous guest service.
- Be creative and think outside the box to create memorable experiences for our guests.
- Work well on a team or independently while being accountable for work performed.
- Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Enthusiastically describe details of food dishes and beverages available in all F&B outlets.
- Ensure Front Office team are completing job specific checklists daily and thoroughly for their respective positions.
- Adhere to security procedures to ensure our guest’s safety.
- Be a team player!
- Highly organized, anticipating needs and over delivering wherever possible.
- Must be enthusiastic, passionate and possess a wicked sense of humor! No wallflowers permitted!
What qualities are we looking for in our Assistant Front Office Manager?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
- Input and access data in various computer systems
- Understand guest inquiries and provide clear, concise responses
- Work with others like a rock star, while constantly advocating for your guests
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written English
- Work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team
- Focus attention on details
- Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per hotel standards
- Bend, squat and stretch in areas of limited space to perform cleaning, organization and other duties
- Adhere to hotel policies including but not limited to attendance, safety, behavior
- Flexibility to work different shifts, including on the weekends, holidays and nights.
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United Kingdom
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of two years of Front Office supervisory experience.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management/co-workers, both in person and on the telephone.
- Proficient computer knowledge.