As an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager you will assist the Head of Department with the full running of the Food and Beverage operation across the business. You will be committed to assisting the Food & Beverage Manager to build and develop the team. You will pride yourself on creating an exceptional experience for our customers, ensuring that the highest level of customer care is delivered by the team.
- Co-ordinating and directing departmental managers, supervisors and employees to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service within the restaurant, bar and conference areas.
- Support of the operational teams in delivering exceptional standards; incorporating breakfast, lunch and dinner service, room service and also catering for larger parties.
- Optimising opportunities to exceed budgeted targets and maximising sales, profits and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Controlling the food and beverage budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rota's.
- Ensuring that all the administration, cash control, stock control and security procedures are adhered to by self and team members
- Managing the teams effectively with regards to recruitment, staff training, rotas and staff development.
- If required carry out any other reasonable task as defined by your manager that may be out with the scope of this job description.
Key Skills / Entry Requirement:
The following range of characteristics and competencies are required.
- Experience at management or supervisory level across all Food and Beverage outlets including Meetings and Events is essential.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Be a clear thinker, with the ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Excellent attention to detail, creative and innovative with the vision to capitalise on sales opportunities.
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety Legislation.
- Financially astute.
- A can do' attitude as this is a very hands' on role.
- Competent in using Microsoft Outlook - email & calendar, Excel, Word, Fourth Hospitality Payroll system, Opera
- An excellent understanding of Zonal functions and competent in menu and screen configuration.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!