Assistant Food & Beverage Outlets Manager
This is the reason why performers perform: for the opportunity to tackle challenges head on, to do something significant, to demonstrate what their hard work and talent can produce - John Eliot, Fellow of The Trinity College
At the Fellows House, we want to offer everyone who walks through our doors an amazing experience. We offer a very personal blend of empowerment, enlightenment, and engagement and seek the remarkable in the everyday and everything that goes into this most unique Hotel.
Most of all we seek exceptional people who embody our person-centred, dedicated and refined values. The brightest and best Cambridge has to offer.
You are a leader in our industry and in our community. This role really has the potential for you to participate in the development of an award-winning restaurant and bar.
From overseeing creative food & beverage concepts, to the running of pop-up events, you will be creating services and experiences to challenge the status quo and become a landmark in Cambridge hospitality. You will be an approachable, active, hands-on and engaging leader that optimises on KPIs and strives for continuous improvement. You will engender a sense of belonging in both your team and our guests and you will inspire and train your team to be as people centred, dedicated, and refined as you.
Alongside the F&B outlets manager, you will be the face of The Folio Bar & Kitchen and the Sage of Cambridge Cafe & Wine Bar and participate in developing of the commercial strategy of the outlets within the community. You will be fully engaged in the recruitment and training of the F&B team and the implementation of key operational procedures.
As Assistant F&B Outlets Manager you will deputise for the F&B Outlets manager and lead the whole F&B Front of House service in all outlets and for all services in his absence.
You will also ensure quality, customer service, implementation of the commercial strategy and control inventory and manning levels to ensure we optimise on all KPIs.
- Oversee all the hotel Food and Beverage operations in the absence of the F&B Outlets Manager including, but not limited to, the Folio Bar & Kitchen, The Sage of Cambridge, and Room Service Operations.
- Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met. Be a key point of contact for Food & Beverage front of house operations.
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Resolve problems and issues guests might have on a daily basis and look for trends to eliminate such issues in the long run.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules.
- Participate in monitoring profitability and takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Oversee the regular training of the team on food and beverage menus in The Folio Bar & Kitchen, Sage of Cambridge, and Room Service. Ensure service is exceptional.
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers.
- Monitor both the productivity and qualitative work product for the whole F&B team and ensure training is delivered as required.
- Ensure competence and efficient delivery of Hilton Honors loyalty programme and ensure full compliance.
- To build a consensus and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- To carry out Duty Management functions.
- People management
- Training & engagement
- Provide Excellent customer service across all outlets
- Achieve financial targets (payroll, beverage cost, cost control, etc.) alongside F&B Outlets Manager
- Health & Safety
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Proficient numeracy and literacy skills
- Proven experience as Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager or similar.
- Proven ability to manage staffing levels, training team members and ensuring excellent service in a high-quality hotel or restaurant.
- Knowledge of POS systems and table-management systems
- Proven experience managing beverage stock levels and beverage cost of sale.
- High commercial acumen
Who are you?
You are committed to providing bespoke and memorable stays to every guest in the hotel. You think outside the box and use your imagination to create remarkable experiences on daily basis. You are enthusiastic for the unpredictability of the hospitality world and thrive under pressure. You enjoy creating long lasting relationships with our guests as well as the team.
You can, also, easily identify yourself with The Fellows House values:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Customer and market-focused
- Anticipate customer needs
- Ability to build strong team
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Driven for customer service
- Team-work enthusiast
- Ability to plan, prioritise and to organise self
- Open to new ideas
- Well-presented, mannered and polite
- Eye for detail
- Eager to understand people
- Operates at high standards
- Considerate of team members and guests alike
In exchange for your efforts and dedication we offer a fantastic place to work, an opportunity to shape the culture of a new hotel and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Comprehensive salary package
- Access to GO Hilton Travel Programme - stay in Hilton Hotels around the world for as little as 35$.
- 50% F&B Discount when staying in Hilton Hotels through the Go Hilton Travel Programme
- Staff meals and hot drinks on shift
- Career Development
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click 'apply'.