Purpose of Role
As an integral part of the restaurant management team, your duties will involve managing the floor whilst delivering a service that delights our guests. You will deputise in the F&B Manager's absence and be instrumental in running shifts, supervising the restaurant team and ensuring our brand standards are consistently maintained.
Your role involves a range of duties, including assisting in the responsibility for the day to day operation of the restaurant and supervising the team. A typical day will include running the floor complying with all legal and health and safety requirements, preparing rotas and workforce planning. You will be instrumental in training, coaching and supporting the team in delivering excellent guest service whilst maximising sales opportunities.
You will be an ambassador for the restaurant and the MPW brand, working hard to make every guest experience memorable, effectively running your restaurant and ensuring that the MPW brand standards are consistently delivered.
What we would like from you
Passionate about Food & Beverage and delivering great guest experiences, you will be focused on making sure that the guest experience is the best that it can be and consistently support your team in delivering exceptional service experiences. You will consistently promote a hospitable and professional image to your guests and provide full co-operation to any guests requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude.
Who you are
You will have a friendly and caring personality, be able to keep calm under pressure, be confident, organised and maintain a hands-on supervisory management approach. You will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, a guest first approach and a real passion for great service delivery. Able to work autonomously or as part of a team, you are motivated, encouraging and inspirational with a passion for supporting, developing and coaching others.
What Good looks like
Every day you will lead and support the restaurant team in providing a first-class service to our guests, ensuring that service and brand standards are consistently maintained. You will conduct daily team briefings, ensuring that your team are briefed and informed and empowered to deliver the levels of service required. You will support in creating a culture of excellence and development, conducting regular coaching and training utilising all brand training materials. You are confident and professional in service recovery situations, taking ownership during every step of the guest journey. Taking responsibility for the success of your restaurant you will be instrumental in ensuring that all sales activity is monitored in line with Brand policy, guest feedback is encouraged and acted upon and all brand standards and legal requirements are consistently followed.
Competencies & Behaviours
I am creative because
I think outside the box and look for ways to delight our guests and solve business problems. I am forward thinking and open to change to suit the needs of the guest and the business.
I am adaptable because
I am flexible and adapt quickly and positively to new situations, keeping emphasis on a balanced approach. I adapt my leadership style to suit the situation.
I am a positive communicator because
I communicate clearly and openly both verbally and in writing. I pitch information at the appropriate level. I manage conflict effectively. I participate in meetings and communicate information effectively
I am a confident decision maker because
I collect and analyse relevant and accurate information about a problem. I make conscious decisions to take actions. I accept responsibility for making things happen. I constantly review in order to improve. I effectively delegate to get things done
I demonstrate Integrity because
I am open and honest, treating people fairly. I am trustworthy and respect confidences. I adhere to legal obligations
I am an effective Self manager because
I set and strive to achieve high personal performance standards. I am organised and use a systematic approach. I manage time and resources effectively. I am motivated, self-reliant, have drive and determination to succeed. I meet deadlines and deliver agreed objectives by prioritising and managing tasks through to completion
I am a great Team Leader because
I motivate and inspire my team to perform and ensure goals are achieved. I support, develop and coach others. I train and develop others to meet business needs. I demonstrate management and facilitation skills
What's in it for you?
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting Company and guest's needs is required by all team members.
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- 28 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards - earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off!!
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts - we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support