As Assistant Conference & Events Manager you will be an excellent organiser with a passion for providing excellent customer care. You will have the initiative and drive to manage the department alongside the Manager. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to motivate your team, as well as delegate tasks.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
- You will have previous supervisor or managerial experience within a similar role.
- Experience of working in a 4 or 5 star hotel would be beneficial.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Manager with the smooth running of all conference areas within the hotel.
- Ensure meeting rooms and events areas are set up correctly for guests to ensure they receive an excellent experience.
- Ensure staff are preparing tea/coffee breaks and stations with appropriate food and beverages and at the correct time as stated in Event function sheet
- Serving food and beverages to guests.
- Being responsible for ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Answer and solve guest requests and aim to fulfil any special requirements during the event.
- Maximising sales and profit while ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Assisting the manager with the coaching, training and supporting of all conference and banqueting staff to provide consistently high standards, while continually looking to improve.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved within the team.
- Assisting the manager with controlling the conference budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rota's.
You will display confidence, strong business acumen and the ability to forecast sales and achieve budgets. You will have the talent to build, develop and motivate a team in order to deliver excellent levels of customer care.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Why join Apex Hotels?
We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share.
With 10 four-star hotels throughout the UK, we like to think of our hotels as members of the family, each with their own personality and style. Although each of our hotels has its own character, whatever one our guests choose to stay at, they'll get a great night's sleep and a warm welcome. The key to it all is you, our employees.
We also offer great benefits which include:
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- 29 days holiday
- Access to our state-of-the-art gym and pools
- Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
- Spa discount
- Referral bonus when your friends or family join the team
- Discounted room rates
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
- Ongoing training and development
Putting your safety first
Apex Hotels have fully integrated all Covid19 measures into their properties to ensure peace of mind for all our Employees and Customers. You will be able to carry out your new role in a safe and clean environment with the additions of sanitiser, PPE requirements and distancing measures all as part of your daily routine.
Our recruitment process has been adapted to ensure we can hire safely while bringing in the best talent to join our Apex Family, so we have introduced video applications to give you the opportunity to let your personality shine through. Our interview process and Welcome Day induction process will be via Microsoft Teams, an online meeting channel, which you can access through your browser or its free to download the app on your laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If you are interested, click apply. We look forward to hearing from you!