The role is permanent and guarantees 40 hours per week with overtime available if you are interested. Overtime is paid after 45 hours hours worked.
When joining Apex Hotels as the Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager, you will receive the warm welcome into the Apex family. We genuinely care about our guests and each other and we show this through our family values of Trust, Passion, Friendliness and Teamwork. It's these family values that help us take our guest experiences to the next level, where we provide a personalised service to all our guests that they'll want to share. It is these family values that encourage you to bring your own unique personality to the role and be yourself whilst working as an integral part of the Food and Beverage team.
As Assistant Conference and Banqueting manager you will be an excellent organiser with a passion for providing excellent customer care. You will have the initiative and drive to manage the department alongside the Manager. You will utilise your excellent communication skills in order to motivate your team, as well as delegate tasks.
You will embrace every opportunity to create extra special moments for our guests and provide a personal experience our guests will want to share.
This is a Cluster role where you will be required to work across any of our 4 Edinburgh properties.
As the Assistant Conference and Banqueting Manager you will assist the Conference and Events Manager in the day-to-day operation of the Conference and Events department
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Manager with the smooth running of all conference areas within the hotel.
- Ensure meeting rooms and events areas are set up correctly for guests to ensure they receive an excellent experience.
- Ensure staff are preparing tea/coffee breaks and stations with appropriate food and beverages and at the correct time as stated in Event function sheet
- Serving food and beverages to guests.
- Being responsible for ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Answer and solve guest requests and aim to fulfil any special requirements during the event.
- Maximising sales and profit while ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
- Assisting the manager with the coaching, training and supporting of all conference and banqueting staff to provide consistently high standards, while continually looking to improve.
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved within the team.
- Assisting the manager with controlling the conference budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rota's.
You will display confidence, strong business acumen and the ability to manage and lead your team . You will have the talent to build, develop and motivate a them in order to deliver excellent levels of customer care.You will have outstanding organisational skills with the ability to proritse tasks and work to deadlines.With excellent problem solving and compliant management skills.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
- You will have previous supervisor or managerial experience within a similar role.
- Experience of working in a 4 or 5 star hotel would be beneficial.
Apex Hotels is a stylish and contempory collection of family owned 4* boutique hotels based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, London and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
- Use of gym & pool facilities
- Free meals when on duty
- 50% discount in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
- Employee of the month/year reward scheme
- Guest experience overnight stay
- Annual anniversay dinner for two
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Critical illness cover
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click apply'. We look forward to hearing from you!