At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
Our Head Office also operates 9 Care Homes, and we are are looking someone to focus on these within their role.
About the role
As a Care Home Accounts Assistant you will be working in the Head Office looking after the accounts for a number of Care Homes spread across the country.
- Invoicing residents, councils and CCG's
- Posting transactions onto Sage 200
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconciling client accounts
- Weekly room occupancy reports to the Directors and Managers
- Monitoring and reporting on the aged debt on a regular basis
- Chasing debt
- Communicating with the various social workers/councils/relatives/CCG's and homes
- Taking card payments over the telephone
- Duties as required on an ad hoc basis for the company
- While it would be fantastic if you had knowledge of care home finances, it is not essential. The more important aspects for us are:
- Willingness to learn
- Work confidently with numbers
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, particularly when dealing with relatives of residents
- Ability to write clearly for correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Knowledge of Sage 200 and Careblox is useful, but not essential