When you join us:
- You will be working in our Accounts Office as an Accounts Assistant whilst studying towards your Level 2 AAT qualification. We aim to complement the AAT program by providing on the job knowledge and mentorship.
- You can expect regular quarterly review meetings with your Line Manager and College Tutor.
Your duties will include:
- Purchase ledger duties
- Coding of hotel supplier invoices
- Ensuring all invoices have been received
- Recording of allowances
- Monitor hotel usage of utilities/meter readings
- Posting supplier invoices on to accounting system
- Recording of hotel's petty cash expenditure
- Income audit/reporting on daily revenues
- Food invoice audit/food costing control
- Maintaining the Time & Attendance system
- Assisting with departmental stock take
- Recording of hotels daily takings
There will be an initial fixed term contract of one year paying the Apprenticeship wage of £4.50 per hour. In return, we will pay for your qualification. If you are successful, there will be an opportunity to extend for another year.
This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday, however during term times one of your working days will be spent at East Sussex College. During college holidays, you are expected at work five days a week.
Closing date: August 20 th 2021
What we need from you:
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Keen to learn and adaptable to changing demands. You must also take ownership for your own learning and development.
- Good attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Confidence with numbers
- Grade A-C in GCSE Maths and English
Affectionately known as The White Palace The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has a well-earned reputation for excellence. With over 150 rooms, an award winning restaurant and 17 fully equipped meeting rooms, the hotel is able to cater for every occasion. We reserve the right to close any advertised post before the stated closing date once enough applications are received. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible
For further details please contact the recruitment team: GEPersonnel@elitehotels.co.uk
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded & unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate. For full details please visit our careers page: https://www.careersatelitehotels.co.uk/why-work-elite